Arturia MiniBrute- First Look at NAMM
Is it professional to start a post telling you about my erect nipples?
No? Ok, well, I won’t talk about them. However, I think I am caught in an affordable analog synth love triangle. While the other player is to be named later, the Arturia MiniBrute is definitely pretty close to talking me into marriage. Arturia have effectively surprised me with their current star of the floor: The MiniBrute.
Unlike Arturia’s typical offering, this is a 100% self contained analog synth. That’s right, not just a super realistic, tightly integrated machine thing; but a full fledged analog synth. I’m not talking “mostly analog” here, I’m talking cv outputs, voltage controlled oscillators (with sub oscillators) and amazing sounds. We got to spend a few minutes with Romain from Arturia and he showed us the ins and outs of this thing. Between USB, 5 pin DIN MIDI and the CV outs, this thing will work into almost any DAW workflow with ease. With a 1 octave range pitch bend, a ridiculous amount of sliders and a Steiner-Parker two pole multimode filter, the performances unleashed by this thing will be sonically beautiful and ridiculously dynamic. Add to that the oscillator mixer and the multiple waveforms (including an “Ultra Saw”) and you are looking at a seriously versatile analog synth- with a $499 MAP!!!!
Arturia MiniBrute at NAMM 2012 UniqueSquared
- 100% Analog Signal Path
- Steiner Parker ulti-mode Filter
- VCO with Sub Oscillator
- Oscillator mixer
- LFO1 with 6 waveforms and bi-polar modular destinations
- LFO 2 with 3 vibrato modes
- Brute Factor delivering rich saturation and harmonics
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
- Two ADSR envelope generators
- Two ADSR Generators
- 25 note keyboard with aftertouch
- Pitch Bend with 1 octave range
- External Analog Audio Input
- CV in/out controls: Pitch, Filter, Amp, MIDI IN/OUT with 5 pin DIN connectors and USB MIDI in/out
- 1/4″ Audio Output and 1/4″ Headphone Output
- Full Function Arpeggiator
- Aluminum Enclosure
- 100% Hotness