Mackie Onyx Blackjack First Look
The wait is finally over. Here is the Mackie Blackjack first look and short review from Unique Squared. It is a 2X2 recording interface that is great for home studios and musicians on the go. Don’t let the size fool you. It has Mackie’s world renown Oynx Mic Preamps, zero latency digital recording, and a sleek, ergonomic, well constructed design. It’s really great how Mackie has spent some time thinking about the musician on a budget or someone just needing something portable this time.
Watch the video, read about the features, and contact us if you have any other questions.
“Let’s face it. If you could fit one of our flagship Onyx 1640i consoles into your workspace and budget, you probably would do it. But that shouldn’t mean you have to settle for the cheapest, plastic 2×2 interface available. We’ve spent serious time and research creating the Onyx Blackjack Premium USB Recording Interface. It delivers the same proven Onyx preamps as our other flagship Onyx products in an ultra-compact, ergonomic desktop design perfect for your home studio. Other professional features include high-end AD/DA converters, built-in DIs, phantom power and true analog hardware monitoring of inputs for hassle-free zero-latency tracking, in either mono or stereo. The USB connection provides bus-power to the Blackjack, eliminating the need for another cable run. Plus, it’s Mac/PC friendly and ready for most major DAWs right out of the box. So, don’t settle. Be smart and check out the Onyx Blackjack – the utmost in sonic quality and simplicity.”
- Two boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range
- High-headroom design with ultra-low noise and distortion
- Professional 24-bit recording/playback via 2×2 USB
- High-end Cirrus Logic® AD/DA converters with 114dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- True analog hardware monitoring of inputs, in mono or stereo, for easy zero-latency recording
- Compatible with most major DAWs
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
- …and yes the new Pro Tools 9.0 that just came out!
- Built-in DI on each input for direct connection of guitars, basses, etc.
- 48V phantom power for use with studio-quality condenser microphones
- USB bus-powered, eliminating need for separate power cable
- Separate studio monitor and headphone outs with independent level control
- Sleek, ergonomic “Built-Like-A-Tank” desktop design
- Includes Tracktion 3™ Music Production Software for Mac or PC
- Microsoft Windows 7 32 / 64, Vista 32 / 64 RTM or XP SP 2
- Pentium 4, Celeron or Athlon XP processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 – 10.6.4
- G4 processor
- 512 MB RAM