November 13, 2012
Coming off its predecessor the Zoom Q3HD, Samson Technologies (the company that owns Zoom) has released another portable audio/video recorder with the Zoom Q2HD. Zoom has kept much of the same functionality from the Q3HD intact but has also added some new and useful features that a lot of Q3HD users felt were missing. For an overview of the features on the Q3HD that are also available on the Q2HD, check our our review of the Zoom Q3HD. So what’s new on the Q3HD?
Zoom introduced the mid side recording feature on their portable digital audio recorder the Zoom H2n. Be sure to check out our review of the Zoom H2n if you want to know more. For those of you not familiar with mid side recording this is a recording technique that is especially useful for film and broadcast media where recording ambient noise …
August 19, 2011
Samson, the company that makes Zoom recorders, sent me a prototype of their new portable digital recorder the H2n. I originally wrote a blog detailing my initial impressions of the recorder before I was able to get my hands on it. Now that I have had the chance to play around with it, I must say that I am quite impressed with their new recorder.
Thoughts Post Demo
I wrote a blog on the H2n before I got my hands on it and I had some things that I thought were lacking. For instance I did not like how there was no XLR, 1/4 inch combination input like on the H4n. My doubts were quickly erased when I used the on board mics and played around with the menu functions. The mics are great and implementing an external input would have made the recorder larger and less portable.
In addition …
July 12, 2011
Zoom, the industry leader in portable digital recorders, has just unveiled their latest foray into the portable recording market, the Zoom H2n Handy Recorder. It features their latest microphone technology with five mic capsules on-board. Five mic capsules?!? There are definitely some noticeable improvements to the microphone technology on this bad boy.
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution