Hercules DJ Control AIR Overview- PRESS PLAY
Hercules, the leader in mobile digital DJing controllers, is proud to unveil its latest device: Hercules DJ Control AIR, the first portable USB DJ controller to feature air control, in addition to touch controls.
Hercules DJ Control AIR includes innovations which aim to make mixing attractive, intuitive and spectacular whether you're an amateur DJ, or just getting started:- "Air control", which lets you control the mix from above.
- 8 large pads with velocity sensors.
- A VU meter displaying the beats on the controller.
Hercules has created an ensemble of intuitive, spectacular controls ﾖ generally only available to seasoned musicians ﾖ on a unique mobile control surface. Indeed, experienced musicians often choose to purchase a dedicated controller for each function, and are able to program a MIDI** map allowing their different controllers to coexist within a software application.
AIR stands for "Adjustment by InfraRed": this is a totally new control in terms of mixing consoles for computers. An infrared proximity sensor, built into the unit, lets DJs control their choice of function, such as volume level or an effect, without touching the controller, simply by moving their outstretched hand above the sensor. This AIR control function regardless of the ambient lighting, allows users to modulate software settings quickly and intuitively.
Hercules DJ Control Air Features:
- 2-deck DJ controller
- 2 jog wheels with pressure detection
- Velocity sensitive pads
- Air control: 1 contactless control
- Pressure-detecting jog wheels
- Scratch by pressing on the jog wheels, as naturally as with a vinyl record
- Jog wheels also control pitch bend and browsing within tracks
- 8 pads with velocity detection
- The pads control the sampler, loops and effects
- The inner backlight shows the pads' activation
- Pads can be set as binary On/Off controls, or gradual controls
- Air control: a contactless sensor lets you control the mix from above, without even touching the device
- DJ Control Air converts the distance to your hand into a MIDI command
- No need to touch the controller: one command of the mix without any physical contact
- Compatible with all light conditions
- Built-in audio outputs for mixing and previewing tracks
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack output for the mix
- 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack output for previewing tracks