- small but good Review by Chengno
- Killer interface Review by ben
- Great-sounding built-in mic inputs. They're clean and don't introduce a ton of noise at high gain levels like some interfaces (that honestly aren't much cheaper). This is the most important thing - how badly does it foul up the audio as it goes into your DAW - and the answer is not at all. It produces audio in your DAW that's exactly what you put into it. So don't go blaming the interface. :D
- built-in effects - you can EQ, add delay/reverb, and compress the audio from these channels when you monitor inputs. That can help a singer in particular, to kind of be able to hear how it's going to be in the end.
- Small and durable
- the software is OK. If you've never used a DAW then STudio One Artist is great. If you're a DAW veteran, Studio One is still good, but Artist doesn't support 3rd party plugins (not even ReWire) and doesn't have a ton of sounds built in. Hope you're recording a lot of audio. Otherwise you'll want to pop for the S1 Producer upgrade so you can use your third party plugs. (Posted on 8/14/2012)