- AKG’s Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound´
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
AKG's industry-leading C 414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected work horse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG’s patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.H85 Shockmount
Universal shock mount for all microphones with shaft diameters from 19 to 26 mm (0.75 to 1 in.), e.g. C 414 B-XLS und C 414 B-XL II.
For the new C 414 B-XLS and C 414 B-XL II microphones, AKG designed a new shock mount that differs from the familiar H 100 as follows:
- The outside ring has been reduced in diameter from 120 mm (4.7 in.) to 100 mm (4 in.)
- The color has been changed from black to dark gray.
- The clamping range has been increased from 22 - 26 mm (0.87 - 1.02 in.) to 19 - 26 mm (0.7 - 1.02 in.) to accommodate microphones with cylindrical or conical bodies or connectors including, e.g., the AKG Blue Line and ULS Series.
The H 85 shock mount keeps a lower profile than the H 100 and therefore looks better on the microphone.
The H 85 also matches several other AKG studio microphones, e.g., the C 2000 B, C 3000 B, and C 4000 B.
At present, the only microphones including an H 85 shock mount as a standard accessory are the C 414 B-XLS and C 414 B-XL II.
(1) AKG C214 Microphone
(1) H85 Shockmount
(1) Hard Shell Road Case
(1) W214 Windscreen
(1) Desktop Stand
(1) Pop Filter
(1) 20' XLR Cable
Customer Reviews (1)
- Great comboReview by Cristiano