Catalinbread Octapussy Octave Fuzz
This product is sold out
- Play sweet, breathy, delicate octave-up melodies up high on the neck
- Play epic soaring leads that are full sounding with upper harmonics that bloom and bloom as you hold that bend.
- Get tough sounding almost ring modulated double-stops that growl when you sustain it.
- Obtain sounds that evoke Caribbean steel drums.
- Get massively huge grinding, industrial-strength power chords.
- Riff out with a textured, harmonically rich fuzz tone that can achieve cello/sax-like qualities.
- Play otherworldly sounding arpeggios.
- Make strange, atonal soundscapes.
- Evoke the texture of a sitar.
- Achieve mysterious sounding droning melodies.
The Catalinbread Octapussy is a frisky take on an old classic octave fuzz, huge range and blooming sonic textures!
The Octapussy is essentially, an octave-up fuzz in the tradition of the Octavia. But it’s not a clone of that circuit! Nope, it’s an original circuit utilizing 3 silicon transistors and two diodes that takes the tradition to the next level! The preamp section is custom voiced to give you an extremely dynamic playing response. You’ll get those famous high-octave lead tones up high on the guitar neck but you’ll also get an amazing array of fuzz tones anywhere else on the neck – just by how you play it and how your GUITAR’s volume, tone, and pickup selector is set.
First, an experiment! Crank the Gain and Body all the way up. Yes, all the way! You might want to attenuate a bit since by now you’re freakin’ loud! Turn your guitar up and riff out…. Gnarly! Intense! OK, now back your guitar’s volume waaay down. You’re back to a completely pure and sweet octave-up generator.