EarthQuaker Devices Arpanoid Pitch Shifter V2
This product is sold out
You did it! The Arpanoid is the first dedicated compact polyphonic pitch arpeggiator effects pedal for the electric guitar! Great job.
“Uh, that’s great, but what does it do?”
The Arpanoid takes whatever notes you play and calculates an adjustable ascending or descending scale based on the root note.
“Sure, I guess. Does it track chords?”
Yes! The Arpanoid works on complex chords as well as single notes in any key. Its eight modes feature major and minor patterns so your next jazz odyssey will remain on time and in tune. The patterns go from one octave below the input to one octave above, so there’s plenty of harmonic range, and the Arpanoid’s “random” patterns are sure to be a hit at your next psychedelic freakout.
“Okay . . . is that it?”
No way! The Arpanoid has a variable “Step” control to choose the number of notes in the sequence, which determines the rhythm and meter of the pattern, along with the overall feel of the effect. Experimenting with this control will open your third eye to odd time signatures, polyrhythms, and a unique quantized hard-sync vibrato effect! Furthermore, the independent “Wet” and “Dry” controls allow you to blend the all-analog input signal with the all-digital affected signal, making the Arpanoid useful for anything from subtle ambient tone clusters to a bombastic polyphonic flourish, and the ability to use the Arpanoid fully wet makes it great for use in the studio! Patch it on inserts! Try it on vocals! Synths! Drum machines! Use it on sends! Go nuts, (lady)dude.
- Wet- Level control for the effect signal. Unity is around noon.
- Dry- Level control for the dry signal. Unity is around noon.
- Rate- Adjusts the speed of the sequence.
- Step- Selects how many notes there are in the sequence which determines the overall feel and timing.
- Toggle Switch - Controls the direction of the sequence. All the way left is up, the sequence will continually repeat going up. In the middle is up/down, the sequence will continually repeat going up then back down. All the way right is down, the signal will continually repeat going down.
- Mode - 8 position selector switch to choose the octave and key: 1: Major: -1 octave to root.
- 2: Major: root to +1 octave.
- 3: Major: -1 octave through +1
- 4: Major: Random pattern
- 5: Minor: -1 octave to root.
- 6: Minor: root to +1 octave.
- 7: Minor: -1 octave through +1
- 8: Minor: Random pattern
The first dedicated compact polyphonic pitch arpeggiator effect pedal for electrical guitar! What does the Arpanoid do? The Arpanoid takes whatever you play and transforms it into an adjustable ascending or descending scale. It features 8 intuitive and expandable modes and will work on complex chords as well as single notes in any key. The Arpanoid has an all analog dry signal, all digital wet signal and true bypass switching.
Our pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages! Current draw is 52 mA.
We suggest you treat your Arpanoid like a new instrument and take the time to learn how it works. Once you understand how the Arpanoid will work for you, you'll receive a lifetime of enjoyment from your new device.