JBL PRX825W Powered Speaker
The JBL PRX825W is a full-range speaker designed for main system applications. Featuring a dual 15”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX825W delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
If a simple set-up is required and full bandwidth output at high levels is a must, then the PRX825W is most likely the optimum solution. With the same foot print as the PRX815W, the dual 15” woofer design creates enough low frequency content to serve most live music or music playback situations. When coupled with a PRX subwoofer (or multiple subwoofers) the system becomes a high volume sound reinforcement solution, perfect for regional tour companies and AV Rental companies looking for a scalable, easy to employ audio solution. We recommend using the PRX818XLFW in conjunction with the PRX825W as the extended low frequency capabilities of the subwoofer compliment the frequency response of the PRX825W.
For live music, recorded music playback and speech the user has the option of tailoring the EQ. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick on-the-fly PA applications.
The PRX825W is a self-powered, lightweight two-way loudspeaker system with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The PRX825W is capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a wide bandwidth. The PRX825W is comprised of two 380 mm (15 in) 275 Differential Drive® woofers, a 2408H-2, 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90 degree by 50 degree horn, all driven by a Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX800 cabinets are built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4-inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.JBL PRX825W Features:
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance