JBL PRX835W Powered Speaker
- Maximum SPL Output 138 dB Peak
- 15" Differential Drive® low-frequency drivers for lowdistortion and higher SPL
- 1.5" diameter next generation JBL neodymium compression driver
- 1500W (dual 750 watt) highly efficient Class-D amplifier
- Normal and Boost user selectable EQ presets
- DSP input section, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Wireless remote control of its onboard DSP EQ parameters via Wi-Fi. Control and configure your show from anywhere.
- Professional XLR-1/4" combination inputs, RCA inputs, and XLR loop-through
- Integrated 9 x M10 suspension points
- Lightweight poplar plywood cabinets made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex™ finish
This speaker is ideally suited to applications where the program material exhibits subtlety and nuance. Perfectly capable of reproducing high fidelity full range sound without a subwoofer, when coupled with the extended low frequencies of the PRX818XLFW, complete control over the entire audio spectrum is attained. As with all the full-range PRX800 Series systems, two EQ selections can be used to optimize the system for the program material and/or environment. The input section also accommodates either Line or Mic/Instrument level inputs.
The PRX835W is a self-powered, lightweight threeway loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a wide bandwidth with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The PRX835W is comprised of one 15 in 275G Differential Drive® woofer, a 165 mm (6.5 in) 196H horn-loaded mid-range and a 2408H-2 37.5mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a 1500 watt Audio Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization
All PRX800 cabinets are built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.