Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire Mixer
This product is sold out
The 16-channel 1640i is the flagship mixer of the series featuring a full 16 mono mic/line channels each with 4-band dual sweep Perkins EQ, a whopping six aux sends each with pre/post and solo capability, 4 sub groups and a powerful master section. Despite its large channel count, the 1640i is compact, rack mountable and features our renowned flexible RotoPod™ design, allowing the mixer to be housed in any configuration – from custom studio furniture, live sound installs or even post production machine rooms. The 1640i’s full-featured 16x16 FireWire capability allows the user to route all channels, aux sends, sub groups and master L/R to their favorite DAW. However, the true power of the 1640i lies in its ability bring back the full 16 channels of FireWire output from your computer directly into the channel strips – for a true tape style mix down.
The Onyx 1640i is the flagship mixer of the series, boasting a full 16x16 FireWire interface, allowing for something that a DAW could never do alone: A true tape-style mixdown.
If you are doing a real analog mixdown, you will surely benefit from the premium features that the 1640i provides. Send all channels simultaneously to your DAW, get them recorded and apply your plug-ins. Once you have everything edited and ready, you can simply route up to 16 streams straight back into the 1640i’s channel strips. You can choose to apply some of that lovely Perkins EQ if you wish. All of these signals hit our premium, high-headroom custom summing bus. It combines the best of both the digital and analog realm to create seamless workflow that makes your sessions faster, easier and better sounding than ever possible before.
When it comes to the high pressure environment of a recording session or live performance, you simply cannot beat the stability and reliability of an analog mixer. With features honed over 20 years of design by some of the legends in the industry, the Onyx-i Series mixers are simply the best sounding full-featured analog mixing boards available to the modern sound engineer.
The 1640i has a plethora of analog features that are sure to please. Sixteen full-featured channels each feature Onyx mic preamps, with a reputation as some of the best boutique quality preamps available today. Every channel features 48V phantom power, a low-cut switch and dedicated 4-band, dual-sweep Perkins EQ, offering a highly musical Q filter without sacrificing the precise control the Mackie EQs are known for. Six aux sends provide pre/post control over additional dedicated mixes, including monitor mixes and effects loops. The 1640i features true 4-bus architecture, offering four subgroups that are perfect for managing your mix or for zone control of multiple PA setups. There are built-in DIs on the first two channels for direct connection of guitars or bass and a dedicated talkback section with a built-in mic that lets you easily communicate with band members while on stage or recording. With all these proven, great-sounding analog features, it is easier than ever to create a memorable mix.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including:
- Pro Tools M-Powered 8
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
- 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends, groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation — rack ears included
- "Planet-Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use