Marantz Professional PMD‑706 Portable 6‑Channel DSLR Audio Recorder
Designed for the advanced DSLR professional, this 6-channel recorder excels attached to a camera, camera rig, or while used in a bag as a field recorder. Featuring (4) XLR combo jacks for MIC & LINE level sources, and (2) ¼” TRS jacks for supporting LINE/MIC level, six high-quality audio tracks can be recorded at once. There is also a 3.5mm TRS input for extra versatility. Utilizing the Dual-Record function that creates a duplicate track at a reduced level, up to (3) ‘safety tracks’ can be created for critical applications. ¼” TRS to XLRF breakout cables included for connecting balanced mic cables to inputs 5 and 6.
The PMD-706 comes standard with file encryption ability to keep recordings safe from unauthorized access - offering the maximum security for sensitive information. This works by encrypting WAV files to WAS files. These encrypted files utilize a 4-digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4-digit key can open and play the files. To play encrypted files on a computer, use the DMP Mark Editor v2.0.0 software - available in the Downloads section.
- 6-channel recording up to 96kHz/24-bit
- SD/SDHC/SDXC recording media
- (4) XLR/TRS combo jacks for MIC and LINE level inputs
- High Definition Discreet microphone preamps
- (2) 1/4" TRS jacks for LINE level inputs
- 48V phantom power for professional condenser microphones
- 5-position lo-cut filter, limiting function and M/S microphone decoding
- Dual-recording mode creates a duplicate track at a reduced level (safety track).
- Total of (3) safety tracks possible.
- 3.5mm stereo jack with plug-in power for consumer microphones
- DSLR camera mounting bracket
- Tripod mounting socket on bottom of recorder