Only 2 left!
Make Noise Phonogene Module
The Phonogene is a digital re-visioning and elaboration of the tape recorder as musical instrument. It takes its name from a little known, one of a kind instrument used by composer Pierre Schaeffer. It is informed by the worlds of Musique Concrète where speed and direction variation were combined with creative tape splicing to pioneer new sounds, and Microsound where computers divide sound into pieces smaller then 1/10 of a second to be manipulated like sub-atomic particles.
- NEW rev. 372 firmware with Improved Algorithm
- Broken ECHO Mode for realtime processing of audio signals.
- Digital audio buffer for the modular synthesist, with voltage control over every parameter
- RECord sounds on the fly
- Layer sounds using the internal Sound On Sound
- Cut sound into pieces using SPLICE
- Re-organize pieces with the ORGANIZE control, infinite variations of the original recording possible by modulating ORGANIZE parameter
- VARI-SPEED allows for speed and direction of playback to be modulated continuously with one control signal
- GENE-SIZE, GENE-SHIFT and SLIDE allow for Granularization of RECorded sound
- Firmware Engineered by Tom Erbe and Flemming Christensen.
- Pairs well with an iPod, Echophon and Wogglebug