Mutable Instruments Peaks Envelope/LFO/Drum Generator
This product is sold out
Peaks provides 4 different functions in a small 8-HP package. Their common point? They are all about generating an audio or CV signal in response to a trigger, and are all focused on rhythmic works.
Peaks is a dual-channel module – making it very useful for duophonic patches or for controlling/synthesizing the kick/snare rhythmic backbone of a patch.
Peaks’ first function is a no-frills ADSR envelope with segment times going from 0.2ms to 8s. Carefully tuned envelope shapes (quartic attack, exponential decay and release) provide a smooth but nervous response.
Peaks’ can work as a free-running, resettable LFO, or as a tempo synchronized LFO.
5 waveforms are available, each of them with a shape/morphing parameter: wavefolded sine, variable slope triangle, PWM square, stepped triangle and sampled/interpolated noise.
A unique feature of Peaks is its ability to lock onto irregular sequence of taps: the module can detect the periodicity of the incoming trigger pattern, and adjust the duration of the LFO cycles accordingly.
Peaks can synthesize bass-drum, snare-drum and hi-hat sounds using a digital model of the TR-808 circuits. An alternate drum generation mode synthesizes more aggressive FM-style drum sounds.Mutable Instruments Peaks Features:
- Three Control Modes:
- twin: Channel 1&2 share the same parameters but can be triggered independently.
- split: Channel 1 is edited by knobs 1&2, channel 2 edited by knobs 3&4, with a simplified 2-parameter control scheme.
- expert: Channel 1&2 are completely independent.
- ADSR Enveloppe Generator
- Segment durations ranging from 0.2ms to 8s
- Quartic attack, exponential decay, exponential release.
- Other fancy modes implemented in the code, waiting to be unlocked!
- LFO / Tap LFO
- 0.03 Hz to 160 Hz.
- 5 basic waveforms: square, triangle, sine, stepped, random.
- Waveform variations and morphing for each of these: PWM, slope, folding/harmonics, step size, interpolation.
- Phase at reset control.
- Tap LFO can lock onto irregular rhythms.
- Drum Generator
- Channel 1: 808 kick model with extra parameters (tune, punch).
- Channel 2: 808 snare model with extra parameters (tune, decay).
- Channel 2: A specific combination of settings transform the snare into a modelled 808 hi-hat.
- Inputs, Controls and Outputs
- 4 parameter edition pots.
- Channel 1 & 2 trigger inputs.
- Channel 1 & 2 trigger push-buttons.
- Channel 1 & 2 CV/audio output.