Mutable Instruments Warps Meta-Modulator
Evolved from the oscillator mixing section of Mutable Instruments’ desktop hybrid synths, Warps is designed to blend and combine two audio signals. A variety of wave-shaping and cross-modulation methods – some of them emulating classic analog circuits, some of them purely digital – are provided by the module.
With Warps, the cross-modulated sound can be sculpted with control voltages along 4 dimensions: by controlling the amplitude and distorting the input signals, by smoothly scanning through the collection of modulation algorithms, and by adjusting a timbre parameter controlling the brightness/harshness of the modulated signal.
Since many classic cross-modulation effects work best when the carrier is a simple waveform – for example, a sine wave for ring-modulation or a buzzing waveform for vocoding – Warps includes a digital oscillator offering a handful of classic waveforms. This internal oscillator, which tracks V/Oct and supports through-zero FM, will replace the carrier audio input – freeing up one oscillator in your system for other duties!Mutable Instruments Warps Features:
- Continuous morphing between 7 cross-modulation algorithms: crossfade, cross-folding, digital model of analog diode ring-modulation, digital ring-modulation, bitwise XOR modulation, octaver/comparator, 20-band vocoder.
- Control of timbre richness/brightness.
- Each audio input has a built-in digital VCA with emulation of analog soft-clipping.
- Audio input 1 can be replaced by an internal digital oscillator with through-zero FM. Available waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, filtered noise.
- Internal processing: 32-bit floating point, 576kHz (32kHz for vocoder).
PLEASE NOTE: This unit will not power on or operate without a eurorack power supply (SOLD SEPARATELY ). Please ensure that you have a adequate eurorack power supply in order to enjoy this module.