Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol F1 DJ Controller
TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 is the definitive hardware for controlling the powerful Remix Decks in TRAKTOR PRO 2.5. Finally, you can launch clips in a perfectly intuitive, DJ-centric way control Remix Decks just like regular track decks, switching between up to 64 tracks, loops and one-shot samples on each deck. With your signature sound at your fingertips, it's time to blur the line between DJing and live performance.
Get started in seconds the KONTROL F1 includes around 2 GB of premium grade sound, pre-loaded as Remix Sets. Or you can import your own samples, and even capture loops and sounds live, using the controller's stylish multi-color pads and ergonomic faders. Expand the creative potential of any TRAKTOR set-up with or without timecode vinyl and transform your DJ set into a dynamic live performance.
The TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 workflow is rooted in DJ culture. Remix Sets, made up of your individual loops and sounds, load just like regular tracks in the super-powerful TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 software. And your drum loops, bass lines, percussion, vocals and lead sounds are ready for dropping into your performance.
Four volume faders and four dedicated filter knobs provide full sonic access to the Remix Deck slots, and to add more flavor, you can route individual slots through TRAKTOR's FX units. Scratch your live production via Native Scratch timecode control and then mix and fade into a traditional track on another deck fuse classic DJ workflow with the future of DJing.
TRAKTOR KONTROL F1's slim profile fits anywhere. Slot it between your mixer and decks or expand your controller set-up with multiple F1s its intuitive feel and striking visual presence is matched only by its addictively fun playability.
Ready to Remix also means you get around 2 GB of premium-grade loops and one-shot samples in the F1 package. This sound collection provides more than ten complete Remix Sets, packed with inspiring, studio-quality material for enhancing your sets, jamming and live remixing.
The sonic spectrum includes beats, basses, leads, and more, spanning ten musical genres, including House, Techno, Dubstep, Hip Hop, Tech House and Drum'n'Bass.
Available separately, the TRAKTOR KONTROL BAG is a stylish and slim solution for DJs on the go. The bag can easily be transformed into a solid stand, elevating the TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 (and also the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1) to standard mixer and turntable height. A must-have for travelling DJs and anyone who wants to place TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 alongside a mixer, turntables, or CD decks!
The TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 hardware is optimized to provide dedicated hands-on control of an entire Remix Deck with access to the 64 loops and samples which can be loaded, arranged and mixed via the hardware.
The pads in the bottom third of the controller trigger 16 loops or samples. You can load up to 64 audio clips into a Remix Deck use the rotary encoder to page between groups of 16. Communication with the software works seamlessly both ways change the color of a pad via the hardware and the software will follow suit instantly and vice versa so you can always see exactly what's going on.
Here's a brief rundown of the controller hardware and its different, intuitively laid-out sections.
Four high resolution potentiometers and four 45 mm faders make up the mixer section. This section allows for intuitive sonic control with a dedicated filter per Remix Deck slot, plus a convenient fader to control volume.
This section lets you load entire Remix Sets effortlessly from the hardware. Browse and load individual sounds and samples from TRAKTOR's browser, then use the push encoder to switch through 4 pages of 16 pads. Use the Capture button to capture loops live from running track decks.
With sixteen multi-colored pads, this section is where you trigger loops and samples on the fly. Engage the Shift button to access advanced functions like Punch mode and FX assignments. The smaller pads at the bottom of the matrix stop or mute a slot.
You can add TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 to any TRAKTOR-based DJ setup. It was designed to work seamlessly with the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 controller and the S2 and S4 all-in-one systems as well as DJs using timecode control, ideally complementing your DJ setup.
TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 connected with X1 controller for dedicated control of two track decks and a Remix Deck. The TRAKTOR AUDIO 2's second stereo output is sent to headphones for monitoring.
The four Sample Deck trigger buttons from TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 have been switched to control hot cues 5-8 on each track deck. TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 takes care of dedicated Remix Deck control.
Here, the timecode from the turntables controls deck playback. TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 controls the Remix Decks, the X1 controls hot cues and effects. TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 manages audio routing.
Two TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 controllers provide in-depth control of two Remix Decks. Hands-on-mixing is handled by an external DJ mixer.
TRAKTOR PRO software is world-renowned by top DJs of all genres for its rock-solid four deck operation, and its straightforward usability - it gets you mixing straight out the box. Now the latest TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 version seamlessly merges the worlds of DJing and live performance via the innovative Remix Decks. Building on the feature set of the previous version - TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 pushes the boundaries of creativity yet again. Find out how below.
Remix Decks allow for spectacular live remixing and improvisation. Switch any (or all) regular track decks in TRAKTOR to a Remix Deck, and you have access to a powerful loop suite made up of 64 slots- build and save your own Remix Set and add to it later.
Each cell can hold a loop or one-shot sample, which you can load from the included TRAKTOR content, import from your hard drive, or capture live from your DJ set. If you're also a producer, break down your tracks and arrange loops and samples by groups (drums, bass, leads etc) - jam your productions in a spontaneous and flexible DJ-centric way. Seamlessly mix out of your remix session and into a regular track deck at any time- blur the line between live performance and DJing.
It's simple to build up a unique library of loops sampled from your DJ sets for your own trademark sound. A Remix Set is the combination of 64 loops and one-shot samples and their respective beat grids and BPMs, which can be stored and loaded just like a regular track from TRAKTOR's browser.
Super-convenient to load, save and update, it's also simple to transfer sets from computer to computer. A Remix Set only takes up one row in the TRAKTOR browser. Because a Remix Deck behaves like any track deck, you can control the entire Remix Deck via Native Scratch timecode control with vinyl or CDs, or scratch using the S2/S4 Jog Wheels! Each Remix Deck has its own transport, sync and tempo master controls.
See the F1 launching clips (loops and one-shot samples) in this video.
With TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 it's easier than ever to get started nailing mixes - thanks to the new tempo detection technology.
Load a track and TRAKTOR will automatically find the exact song tempo in beats per minute (BPM) - the foundation of the sync function. TRAKTOR will also (if you choose) set a beat-grid - a virtual frame of markers on each beat for locked-down mixes. Detection of BPM for variable BPM tracks (soul, disco etc) is improved, while Tempo-Tap is updated to deliver even easier realignment of tracks drifting from their grids over time.
Expand your sonic horizons. Try feeding individual remix slots through TRAKTOR's effects units, or play samples back in reverse. TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 offers unlimited possibilities.
Even as you delve deep into tweaking and remixing, it's easy to stay firmly in control of the big picture. When switching between multiple drum loops, punch-in new grooves anywhere in time without losing the musical flow - flip the beat on the snare's 2 position for a smoother flow.
To fully harness the Remix Decks, TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 is the ultimate controller. Designed in tandem with the Remix Deck concept, the stylish multi-color pads and ergonomic faders make performing with TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 easy and incredibly addictive.
Any sound or loop can be assigned one of 16 colors, either in the software or via the controller super-tight integration means the other instantly follows suit. With full visual feedback keeping you in control of your performance, there's no need to keep checking your computer screen leaving you free to focus on the crowd.
Inside the TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 box you will find a Track Deck Overlay. This allows you to access hot-cues, loops, beat jumps and FX which aren't available on your turntable. While theTRAKTOR KONTROL X1 controller was designed for most of those tasks in mind, scratch users in particular might find the pad + fader layout of the TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 more appealing. While the F1 is the ultimate Remix Deck controller, it can also be a perfect addition to any turntablist setup even if Remix Decks are not your main focus.
The overlay fits neatly on the F1 hardware and allows you access all eight hot-cues, and provides control over dry/wet and the central FX parameter (FX unit in Chained Mode). Other use cases are Loop and Move mode, all with full color feedback. You can even utilize all additional deck controls like Sync, Master and Keylock with just a push of a button.
The four high-resolution faders and four knobs control the dry / wet and first parameter of both FX units, as well as their corresponding filter controls. Use your faders to bring TRAKTOR's first two effects in with precision.
The encoder lets you browse and scroll with ease through your track collection. These buttons trigger all other essential software functions and hardware modes such as Sync, Quantize, Snap, Keylock on/off, as well as setting the various pad-controlled modes Use the various Modes to delve deeper into the F1's functionality.
Pads and buttons allow for control over features like hotcues, beat-jumps and loops. Set Loop and Move mode to set loops and execute beat jumps by hitting the pads. The pads even provide color feedback so you know the mode you're currently working in (Loop: green, Move: orange).Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol F1 Features:
- Remix Decks are the latest TRAKTOR innovation, letting you select from up to 64 loops and one-shot samples per deck. Any of the four decks in TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 can be switched to be a Remix Deck
- Each Remix Deck offers four different Slots (columns), ideal for arranging sounds and loops by instrument groups e.g. different drum, bass, percussion loops. Play one sound per column - a total of four samples at any one time.
- Use loops from the included sound content or import any loops and sounds of your own
- Develop your own unique trademark sound and build a personal arsenal of sounds by live-capturing your favorite loops while DJing
- The stylish multi-color pads and ergonomic faders make TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 the ultimate controller for a Remix Deck. Any sound or loop can be assigned a specific RGB color, either in the software or via the controller
- A Remix Set is the combination of 64 loops and one-shot samples and their respective beat grids and BPMs - stored and loaded just like a regular track in the browser
- Control the entire Remix Deck via Native Scratch timecode control with vinyl or CDs - or scratch using the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4/S2 jog wheels. Each Remix Deck has its own transport, sync, and tempo master controls
- To add more flavor, you can choose which slots are fed through TRAKTOR's FX units, or even play samples in reverse
- The Punch mode allows for instant switching between different loops in one instrument group, in perfect phase - switch from one drum loop to the next exactly on the 2 and 4 snares
- Additionally, the Remix Deck quantize can be set to different values for full control of the musical phrasing
- Rewritten tempo detection for improved accuracy, developed from analysing thousands of tracks from various genres
- New downbeat auto-detection improves auto-beat-gridding and phase recognition
- Convenient analysis options when importing files to your collection - set the tempo range by BPM
- Much improved BPM detection on tracks with variable tempo, (such as live drummer genres) - now detects average BPM
- Rewritten Tempo-Tap instant and simple realignment anytime your tracks drifts away from the grid over time
- Manually adjusted grids, (and all BPM-locked tracks) keep their position and tempo from previous versions
- Four fully assignable effects units (instead of two fixed ones), and two effects modes - Group and Single. Also includes 26 additional effects
- Now offers the Loop Recorder, for recording live loops from any channel
- In the internal software mixer, you'll now find an assignable crossfader and the addition of classic filter types
- Now possible to customize and store software layouts and deck details - e.g. display a beat counter in deck header
- Sync with MASCHINE and other performance tools
- Addition of internet broadcasting