Novation Circuit Groove Box
This product is sold out
Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key. Play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track, brimming with fat grooves and beats.
Compact and battery powered with a powerful built-in speaker, Circuit can be used to make music entirely on its own. In the studio it will work alongside your standalone synth gear and run in sync with your music software too. Circuit is all you need to inspire, create and play new tunes.
Embrace a new way to make music. Circuit's split grid shows your steps and notes at the same time, so you can sequence and play while seeing exactly what's going on. Build up your parts quickly and easily, either by programming each step or capturing your performance in real-time.
Circuit inspires, straight out the box. It combines a 2-part synthesiser and a 4-part drum machine with a 4x8 RGB velocity-sensitive grid sequencer, which will have you finding new musical directions and creating electronic grooves in no time.
Building on our true Nova heritage, Circuit delivers cutting-edge sound with production-ready monophonic and polyphonic patches and tons of character for easily creating deep bass lines, epic leads and warm pads.
Use simple streamlined modes to keep your harmonies, rhythms and melodies locked in time and key while you make riffs, hooks and chords. Or start experimenting for some serious sequencing exploration.
Compact and battery-powered, Circuit truly stands alone. You can create entire tunes from scratch without a laptop, then save them and play them back live. You donÕt even need speakers, because it has a one built in. Of course, Circuit will plug in to your sound system and work with your computer and other synth gear too, via its Line Outs, USB and MIDI ports.
Velocity sensitive RGB pads let you quickly build expressive drum beats, by step sequencing or playing the wide range of drum sounds. Define your sound with total control over pitch, decay, distortion and EQ.
Create an entire tune by combining up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns, then adding space, depth and energy to your music with built-in effects. Sidechain your synths to the kick drum to get them to pump. When youÕre done, save your tune to one of 32 slots.
Sculpt your sound using eight macro knobs allowing you to subtly tweak or completely transform each patch. Then add movement and rhythm by recording or sequencing your performance.
Sample Flip: The Sample Flip function lets you create multi-sample drum lines on each of Circuit’s drum tracks. In previous versions of Circuit firmware, only one sound could be used on each drum track. Now, you can select a different sample for each step in all four of the drum tracks. So for example, you can have a kick and a snare on ‘Drum1’, freeing up other tracks for additional instrumentation or sample playback. This totally transforms Circuit’s drum- and sample-programming functionality and opens it up to new styles of music.
Polyrhythmic Drum Patterns: The length of drum patterns 1/2 and 3/4 can now be set independently of the other pair to create mind-bending polyrhythms and pattern variations.
Components Standalone: Components Standalone lets Circuit owners access all of the features of the Components software, without needing to login or to have an active Internet connection.
Fractional Gate – the gate length for a note no longer has to equal one step, it can be shorter or longer. With 6 times the resolution you can add expressivity to your tracks like never before on Circuit.
Synth Patch Preview – this now allows you to audition synth patches in a similar way to Drum Preview.
MIDI CC Send and Receive – this means MIDI CC data can be turned on or off to prevent any unwanted parameter changes.
Presenting Circuit v1.6, the newest firmware update
Our users are awesome, they're always coming up with new ideas. Using the most requested features of the Circuit Owners group and other websites, we bring the community’s imagining of the Circuit sequencer, synth and sampler to life. Circuit v1.6 is the latest firmware update that we've created.
We knew how much people wanted to pan on Circuit, so we listened to our users, and our engineers did everything they could to make it happen. Panning has been the single most requested feature of the community to date. It enables users to create audio landscapes or integrate with their favourite hardware.
While users are making the best of Circuit with music-making, we're pushing boundaries within Novation HQ. From this came Drum Micro Steps. Using Drum Micro Steps as a beat-building tool, Circuit v1.6 adds instant fills and stutter effects to users’ workflows, retriggering a sample up to six times within each step. J Dilla fans should probably board here.
Is Circuit’s brightness intruding when the room darkens? Light Dim will help to set the mood for all sorts of romantic occasions with its brightness setting. The features above are accompanied by FX Mute, which can be used to mute any unwanted FX, making it easier to connect with external hardware processors.
Circuit v1.6 is available to download from Components.
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 28 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
- Dedicated filter and volume pots
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- USB socket
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Integrated speaker
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
- Kensington Security Slot
- 2 Nova synths
- 4 Part drum machine
- 6 Note polyphonic per synth
- 64 Synth patches
- 64 Drum patches
- 8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
- 4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
- Mixer view with levels and mutes
- Master FX with individual track sends
- 16 Delays
- 8 Reverbs
- Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
- Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
- 32 Sessions
- 6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- 50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Drum expand view allows real time drum record
- Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
- Pattern length and nudge
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- All Novation products come with 4 GB of Loopmasters Samples
- Circuit comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite