Tascam DR-22WL Field Recorder with Wi-Fi
The groundbreaking DR-22WL from TASCAM is the first portable recorder to include Wi-Fi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC. Other innovations like the new Scene Dial make it easier than ever to capture great-sounding recordings and share them online. A set of stereo condenser microphones is arranged in true XY pattern for ideal stereo imaging. The eight-position Scene Dial selects recording settings for typical situations, or can be set to full manual for greater control.
Included in the DR-22WL is a Wi-Fi function for controlling its transport and transferring files to a smartphone or computer. A free app for iOS and Android controls the transport and transfers files for instant upload. For a recording beginner or experienced user looking for a great-sounding, portable recorder with Wi-Fi, the DR-22WL is the only choice.
A pair of studio-quality condenser microphones top the DR-22WL, arranged in a true XY pattern for detailed imaging and phase coherence. The mic capsules are build to withstand up to 120dB SPL without distorting. Record concerts and rehearsals with the confidence that your recording won't be ruined with clipping.
Cardioid condenser capsules are mounted in acoustically-tuned housings. As with all TASCAM recorders, the mic capsules were selected after extensive listening tests. The true X-Y pattern captures the stereo field in phase-alignment, for perfect imaging during playback.
The design of the DR-22WL allows it to record loud sound sources, including rehearsals and concerts, without distortion. Up to 120 dB SPL means that a volume level 20 times higher than the 105dB SPL maximum sound pressure of a movie theater can be captured without clipping. The high level capability also makes the DR-22WL ideal for sound effects gathering.
A programmable gain amplifier (PGA) is used to adjust the level of the audio inputs. In many devices, the audio codec level is adjusted to control levels. In the DR-22WL, the mic gain circuit is independent from the A/D converter for low noise performance as well as programmable gain (manual, automatic, or controlled over Wi-Fi.)
A CIRRUS LOGIC CS42L52 is used in the DR-22WL, a premium-quality audio codec. The A/D - D/A chip features both great audio performance and low power use for longer battery life. The built-in mics and the external inputs both pass through this low-noise audio input circuit.
Tascam Portable Handheld Recorder with Wi-Fi DR-22WL Features:
- Automatic division function that divides files at marks (manual division also possible)
- Dual format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Scene Dial Presets for instant setup of common recording applications
- Remote control, file transfer and streaming playback using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi connects directly to smartphone without a router
- Full remote control using the free TASCAM app for iOS and Android
- Recorded audio can be posted directly to SoundCloud using the TASCAM DR Control app.
- Resume function that retains the last stop position when power is turned back ON
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector
- Strap -hole
- 4GB microSD card is included