Tascam US-1x2 Audio Interface
1-In/2-Out USB Audio Interface
1-in/2-out Audio & MIDI Interface with HDDA Mic Preamps and iOS Compatibility
TASCAM’s US-1x2 brings great quality desktop recording to a price never before possible. It features a high-quality Ultra-HDDA microphone preamp as well as a 1/4” line input - switchable to instrument level for guitar or bass.
In addition, both stereo line inputs and outputs are found on the rear panel for fast an easy connection of all of your exisitng audio gear. The unique design of the bio-cell side panels angles the US-1x2 up from the desktop for easier usability and - to make sure that you are up and running in minutes - both Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE are also included.
Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps for Clear Audio Quality from All of Your Mics
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding from any interface in their range. A gain range of 57dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamp on the US-1x2 makes your tracks sound like a record.
Discrete Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamp Delivers Low Noise and Low Distortion
TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamp design is based on discrete components, just like classic professional gear. They achieve an incredible EIN rating of -125 dBu, meaning their noise level is practically below the range of hearing. Other impressive specs include a signal-to-noise ratio of 101 dB, out-speccing anything in its price range. But instead of judging the design merely by test measurments, key components were selected following extensive listening tests.
Musical Components like NE5532 Op-amps Used for Input and Output Stages
TASCAM uses proven, great-sounding components throughout the US-1x2. One example are NE5532 op-amps, famously used throughout classic recording consoles and signal processors due to their sweet, musical sound.
XLR and TRS Accept Balanced Mic and Line Level Signals
The mic input features a professional XLR connector, which supplies +48V phantom power for condenser microphones. Built from heavy duty metal throughout, the US-1x2 stays put even when moving mics around and changing connections.
The combo input jack includes TRS inputs for balanced line-level signals from professional processors and synthesizers. Finally, the two inputs can be switched to high-impedance for direct recording of electric guitar and bass. (Only the XLR or 1/4" input can be used, not both at the same time.)
Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamp with −125dBu EIN
- NE5532 op-amps used at the audio input and output stages
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- Optional AC adaptor available for use with iOS devices
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48V phantom power on microphone input
- Switchable 1/4" high-impedance input
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57 dB
- Direct monitoring function for zero-latency monitoring
- Tough all-metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- RCA output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Standard TRS headphones output jack
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output via USB
- Input sound monitoring can be set to stereo or mono
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band）