TipTop Audio QuantiZer Module
This product is sold out
QuantiZer is a creative melody composing module that uses cutting edge analog electronics and DSP to tune analog VCOs precisely into Western musical scales.
The front panel is packed with functions that makes it very playable and intuitive to use, with a layout that moves forward from the typical quantizer design.
At its center is a slider that can be set to play notes, add Portamento to an incoming sequence, transpose a sequence with in an octave range or transpose a sequence with in 5 octave range.
The 12 note keyboard can be set to play notes manually, add and subtract notes from scales, transpose a sequence as well as setup a variety of settings that define the quantizer behavior and sync with other modules.
Major and Minor keys are both built in to let you switch scales in a very playable way, making it pretty easy to explore musical progression. There are also 24 user scales ready to be filled up with your own custom scales.
A built in sketch pad records and plays back keys entered manually on the keyboard and slider in sync with external clock and reset signal, or Tiptop’s SyncBus which chains the QuantiZer recording function to the Circadian Rhythms time line for precise recording and playback.
Scale CV in can be set to switch between changing scales or transposing pitches using CV from sequencers.
Quantization can be set for free run or Trigger mode for even more interesting ways to interact with external sequencers.
Quantizer sets a new performance standard for Eurorack that offers incredibly stable CV quantization minimizing glitches on input, utilizes high precision temperature compensated 1V/Oct CV generation on output and features stunning conversion latency of less than half a millisecond.
QuantiZer can be set to process a wide variety of CV voltage input ranges, +/-5V CV from LFOs, bi-polar envelopes and such, or 0-10V / 0-5V standard CV from sequencers.
Continuing the tradition of advanced Tiptop digital modules, the QuantiZer Firmware running the digital brain is upgradeable via a USB thumb drive interface at its back allowing for continuous improvement and fine tuning of function and stability over time.
TipTop Audio QuantiZer Features:
- Precision ADC that accepts three ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V and +/-5V
- Precision DAC with low offset and drift with a 0-5V output range
- Free Running or Triggered Quantization
- Clock and Reset inputs
- CV Sketch Pad for recording notes using the Keyboard
- SyncBus connector for easy interface with other TTA devices
- Scale Input to change the scale via CV
- Slider input for setting Transpose, Portamento and other values
- Keyboard input to select notes for scale and other features
- Keys for selecting Major and Minor scales
- User edited scales that can be saved to internal EEPROM
- USB port for software updates