Zoom G5N Multi-Effects Pedal
The G5n comes equipped with freshly-developed takes on not only the most-essential guitar sounds like overdrive, distortion, compression, EQ, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, vibrato, and chorusing, but also unique multi-effects such as Seq Filter, Gold Drive, Reverse Delay, HD Hall, and OSC Echo.
You can connect the G5n directly to a PA system or audio interface, using the 10 brand new onboard amp and cabinet emulators. Choose from 5 classic amp models like the Marshall JCM800, Fender Twin Reverb, MESA Boogie Mk3, Bogner Ecstasy Blue Channel and British 30W Class A Combo, newly and faithfully created to be adjusted exactly as you would with the knobs and switches of the real thing.
Pair your amp with one of the 5 newly-created cabinet emulators to complete the sound, choosing from Marshall 1960 A-type cabinet (4x12" Celestion speakers), Fender '65 Twin Reverb (2x12" Jensen speakers), the UK2x12 that recreates the sound of early British combo amps (2x12" Celestion speakers), Mesa Boogie Mark III cab (1x12" Celestion Black Shadow speaker), or Bogner Ecstasy cabinet (4x12" Celestion speakers).
To explore the wealth of possibilities that the G5n offers, we continuously collaborate with inspirational, professional guitarists known for their taste and love of great guitar sounds. The G5n comes stocked with 100 newly custom-designed patches that both recreate decades of essential guitar tones–like the iconic sounds of Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Michael Schenker, and Brian May–and pioneer new territory with combinations exclusively created for G5n guitarists. Stand out with "Lead BGN," a modern lead sound folded into a modulated delay, or "Phazed," an intense tube amp sound through a phaser. The "UFO" patch harnesses parametric EQ in the style of the lead guitarist of the band of the same name, and then there's "DreamWorld," an overdriven crunch enhanced with tape echo and hall reverb.
Editing is simple and intuitive thanks to a unique, large overview display that allows you to quickly add, delete, or change the order of effects–something not easily accomplished with the average pedalboard. There are also four independent editing displays for zeroing in on the perfect sound, each bank providing the responsiveness and hands-on feel of a stompbox. Store up to 200 of your custom effects-chains as patches in memory, each instantly accessible at the touch of a footswitch.
The G5n's expression pedal gives you smooth real-time control over volume, tone, or selected effects parameters, with four stompbox-style footswitches to kick effects in and out on the fly. When you're ready to take a solo, get the bump you need with the G5n's output booster. And to synchronize rhythm patterns and delay times to the beat, just hit the G5n's dedicated Tap tempo footswitch to bring your sound in line.
It would take an arsenal of stompboxes, amplifiers, and speakers to duplicate everything you can do with a single G5n. Use up to nine effects and amp/cabinet models simultaneously, chained together in any order you like. It's like having hundreds of fully loaded pedalboards in one compact, easy to use device.
68 built-in rhythm patterns make the G5n the perfect practice rig and enable "one-man band" performances. An onboard Looper (which can be used with the rhythm patterns) allows you to record and overdub phrases up to 80 seconds long through the effects of your choice. Plus there's a built-in
chromatic tuner, always accessible at the touch of a footswitch–you can bypass the currently selected patch while tuning, or mute the signal altogether.
The G5n can be easily integrated into any live performance or studio rig. In addition to a standard guitar input, there's an auxiliary stereo input for the connection of smartphones or music players, plus a dedicated headphone jack for silent practice and dual outputs for mono or stereo L/R connection to guitar amps, PA systems, and audio interfaces.
Use our free ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software to instantly download new patches, effects, and amp/cabinet simulators. It includes both a Patch Manager for effects chains and an Effects Manager, with a simple graphic user interface that provides point-and-click control over tweaking, building, and naming your custom patches. To download new Stomboxes and Amp + Cabinet combinations, simply plug your G5n into an internet-connected computer, power on the pedal, and open the Zoom Guitar Lab software.
The Zoom G5n comes with a free download license for Steinberg's Cubase LE music production software, providing not just the ability to create incredible guitar sounds in every box, but to do spectacular things with it. Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg's powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom G3, G3X, G5, and G5n purchase.
- 68 onboard high-quality digital effects, including distortion, overdrive, EQ, compression, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, and chorusing
- 5 new amp emulators plus 5 cabinet emulators
- 100 custom-designed factory patches
- Free ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 9 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 4 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Built-in expression pedal for real-time control over volume, tone, or selected effect parameters
- High output booster circuit for added volume and overdrive
- Intuitive user interface
- 200 memory locations for storage of factory and/or user-created patches
- 4 independent editing displays, plus large overview display
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Tuner range of 435 - 445 Hz
- Stereo/mono Looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Input jack accepts standard guitar cable
- Auxiliary stereo input jack for connection of smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Dedicated stereo headphone output
- Control input for external footpedal
- USB port for firmware updating and patch/effects downloading
- Use as a USB audio interface for Mac/Windows computers, with direct zero-latency monitoring of input signal
- Included AC adapter